- The election seems to be rigging the stock market these days. Friday’s big election story was the FBI revelation about The Weiner Device. While investigating Weiner, the FBI found some new Hillary emails. While this is a “new” story, haven’t we all accepted that Hillary is a bit crooked?
- Probe. Yah… “Probe.”
- The Saturday morning Fox Business Block, aka “The Cost of Freedom,” has been derailed the last few weeks with election coverage. So instead of Gary B. Smith and Gary Kaltbaum, today we get Neil Cavuto interviewing one of the Duck Dynasty guys about the election. Really? (Sorry if I don’t know the names of the Duck Dynasty cast).
- I saw Kevin O’Leary on CNBC opining on Tesla ($TSLA), and that it’s way overvalued compared to a typical car company. I have to agree. The more I listen to that guy, the more he makes sense. Good sense? Nonsense? We will have to wait and see.
- Meanwhile, Michigan beating up on Michigan State this morning. I’m sure they’re trying to increase the point differential to be large enough to negate the impact of a blocked punt. Just thinking out loud!
- I know folks are opinionated about the election. Many saying that if the other person wins, it’s the end of the country. Just keep in mind that the government is set up with checks and balances. There are vetoes and filibusters and Supreme Court rulings that tend to filter out the extreme stuff. Tend to…
- Americans setting a record for gasoline use! “…thanks to low gas prices and an unprecedented number of drivers.” Awesome! So in the age of electric cars, hybrids, and overall better fuel economy, gasoline use surging! Something to think about as gasoline prices edge upwards.
- If you’re a fan of The Walking Dead, last Sunday’s episode was a mixed bag of intenseness, sadness, and awesomeness. Way to start a season, right? I am excited to see where this goes. Although I wish I could binge watch the season instead of dragging it out week-to-week.
- Happy Saturday, all!
Saturday, October 29, 2016
Saturday, October 08, 2016
- Stock market has been a little frustrating this year. Not that it has been bad, but it has been underwhelming. Stuck. But it feels like this for almost two years now!
- One in five millennials has not had a Big Mac. Hey I had my first and only one three years ago. I’m not sure its a huge problem. The few $MCD near me seem crowded all the time these days, and I think breakfast is doing it.
- Thank goodness for dividends, right? Although those have been taking a hit recently as people seem to expect rate hikes coming, and the competition from bonds will be enough to get people to switch from dividend stocks back to bonds. Are you buying that? That’s the thought pattern anyway.
- If you were thinking about buying some Disney stock, would you do it now or wait until closer to year end in case tax loss selling comes in play? Or buy half of $DIS now, and hope it goes down so you can buy some more later!!! Booyah!
- Hmm… Politics. All over the place in the news cycle. Vote early and vote often.
- Not that the Fed will really hike rates, though. GDP low. Inflation low.
- Sell in May didn’t really work this year. At least dividends were collected in stocks. I never did much selling. A little. Raised some cash waiting for a sell off that never came. Seems like it would have been a decent year to trade rips and dips. The range…