* Talk about spooky, the SF 49ers, Miami Dolphins, and Houston Texans all won yesterday. What were the odds of that?
* I've prioritized my Halloween candy, by what I like the least. First out the door, Almond Joys. Next, Three Muskateers. Next, well here it gets tricky. I think Milky Ways followed by peanut butter cups, then peanut M&M's. And if the kids keep coming, I'll have to hand out the ones I like the most. The Snickers, Baby Ruths, Twix and Kit Kats. I'm expect over 100 kids. Probably closer to 200. I turn off the lights at 8:00pm.
* Last week turned out to be a pretty good week for Bush. Only one indictment. Miers withdraws. And he appointed a well-received Bernanke. With all the pessimism about Bush on BOTH sides, if he were the stock market, I might take the contrarian view and say that he's bottomed because of all the political capitulation, and may rally now.
* Alito is probably going to get in, as he is a Roberts-style nomination. It'll be difficult for the Democrats to shoot him down on merit, so it'll come to a thumbs up vs thumbs down vote.
* The market continued to rally, as we're in the month-end strength cycle. The good news is that we close above 1205, which was previous support. I think that some of the seasonal investors will pile in the next few days, too. Long and strong! I think the SP500 will get to 1300 or higher. These things happen quickly once the bears give up and chase the market higher.
* The bad news is that DELL just handed out tricks instead of treats after hours, so we'll see how that influences the tape tomorrow.
* Have a great night!