Small Cap stocks continue to rally. The recounts in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan. And Nevada. And Florida. Any changes? Trump... Portland... McDonalds... Nike... Amazon... And more! A little gap between posting podcasts here. Always available in iTunes under "Muck" or in the right sidebar here!
Tuesday, December 06, 2016
- For buy and holders, the Nasdaq is up 6.5% for the year. Not horrible. Not a lot. Like having Low T. Not as much fun as you’d like it to be.
- I’m still long the stock market. Always wary of tax loss selling in early December, but as Christmas draws near I’d expect some year-end and 2017 positioning. Like in some of the strong-stock losers of 2016. Nike. Disney. For example. Maybe. No promises of course.
- UCLA Bruins are 9-0? Is Lew Alcindor playing?
- It was just last week when OPEC couldn’t get their act together, and then got their act together, and decided to make oil production cuts. Oil went up on that, but today back down -2.03% to $50.74. And that’s with oil inventories drawn down 2.2 million barrels.
- Maybe the Michigan recount ends tomorrow. Looks like the MI Attorney General got a favorable ruling in the Court of Appeals today, and now can file a case to stop the recount. I just want it over. Move on.
- An inequality tax? The city council of Portland will vote on Wednesday whether to impose a tax on companies whose CEO’s pay exceeds the median salary of their workers by a ratio of more than 100-to-one.
- Under Armor gets MLB deal. So if you want to be trendy, you’ll need some new jerseys with the UA logo on front.
- Google wants to get 100% of its energy from renewable sources by 2017. Hey, that’s pretty soon.
- Hmmmmmmmmm…. Tuesday…..
Friday, November 25, 2016
- The Russell 2000 is on a 15-day win streak, gaining 16% over that time. Hope everyone is participating in that!
- The stock market rally is being called the "Trump Rally." Well, everyone thought Hillary had it locked up and the futures were down 5% when Trump looked like he'd win. Then after he won the market soared. Lower taxes. Lower regulations. Etc.
- The economy is pricing in a higher GDP. We've been stuck under 3% during Obama's presidency. Now Wall Street is anticipating 4-6%.
- Higher mortgage rates would cause a drop in home prices. People can afford what they can afford. Unless wages start rising.
- Trump wanted to refinance some of the short-term national debt at these historical low long-term rates. Uh, long-term rates have been rising... What will they be when he's sworn in.
- (If he is sworn in. Jill Stein leading the recount efforts in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania. I think lawyers will make a lot, but nothing will change in the electoral college.)
- Lots of Black Friday deals on … TVs. Tablets. Games. Etc. Mall traffic down (they say) but online sales setting records. Over $3B?
- And lots of Green Friday deals at the marijuana stores…
Black Friday sales make record... Jill Stein leads recount effort... Market new highs - again! Trump transition and conflict of interest? And more!
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
All four indexes make new closing highs... Trump transition and conflict of interest? Saturday Night Live... Economic growth... And more!
Friday, November 18, 2016
College kids create chrome extension to identify fake news on Facebook... Small cap stocks up 11 days in a row... Kanye West and Paris Hilton...Gold... McDonalds... Cisco...Walmart... JD.com... And more!
Thursday, November 17, 2016
Even President Obama has something to say about "fake news!" Hey if the guy making $120,000 a year and electing Presidents can do it, why would anyone be a $46,500 a year legit journalist?
So with the Billy Bush entertainment tonight audio, Hillary was thought to lock up the women vote. Not so fast...
I like the list of dividend stocks in this article. $MCD $TGT $PG
So oil prices higher today... But wasn't one of the headlines yesterday that they found 20 billion barrels of oil in West Texas?
Hmm... So General Michael Flynn and Mitt Romney next? Both controversial for different reasons! At least this is entertaining?
Dish Network losing subscribers while DirecTV adding subscribers? Hmm. NFL?
Divorce rate at its lowest level since 1981? Good news... Keep families together!